- The Legacy of Multiple Seed Brands Combining Under Hoegemeyer Operation to become the Western Corn Belt Regional Brand for Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont ELK POINT, South Dakota, May 9, 2018 – Hoegemeyer Hybrids will combine forces with Curry to become the Western Corn Belt regional seed brand for Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont. Personnel from Curry and the Elk Point, SD, office will support Hoegemeyer, along with several Western Corn Belt experts from Prairie Brand® and NuTech®. To support this...
News & Updates
- Why Corn is Sensitive to Early Season Stress -Corn is a warm-season crop – optimal temperature for emergence is 85-90 F – so it is almost always under some degree of cold stress. -Prolonged exposure to soil temperatures below 50 F promotes seed deterioration and seedling disease
- Here is a great article discussing historically how long it takes to plant the U.S. corn crop. http://farmdocdaily.illinois.edu/2018/04/how-many-days-does-it-take-to-plant-us-corn-crop.html
- 2017 Curry Population Graphics We test each hybrid for optimum seeding rate so you won’t have to. Take the guess work out of what population to plant Curry hybrids at. We test each hybrid at multiple seeding rates under multiple field environments. This gives you the best yield potential for each one of our corn hybrids.
- Check out a couple of articles written about wet planting. Corn and Soybean Survival in Saturated and Flooded Soils http://cropwatch.unl.edu/corn-and-soybean-survival-saturated-and-flooded-soils Corn and Soybean Planting when it is Cold and Wet http://blog-crop-news.extension.umn.edu/2017/05/corn-and-soybean-planting-when-it-is.html
- Use the Curry Plantability web page to determine your seed plate settings. How to use the web page. First, click the link below. Curry Plantability Second, enter the batch number. (click where do I find batch number? for HELP) Third, from the drop down window select the planter type you have. Fourth, press GO. This will give you a chart to follow for the seed plate/disk you use. This chart shows the recommended Pressure/Vacuum, Maximum plate/disk RPM, singulator setting and...