Use the Curry Plantability web page to determine your seed plate settings.
How to use the web page.
First, click the link below.
Second, enter the batch number. (click where do I find batch number? for HELP)
Third, from the drop down window select the planter type you have.
Fourth, press GO.
This will give you a chart to follow for the seed plate/disk you use.
This chart shows the recommended Pressure/Vacuum, Maximum plate/disk RPM, singulator setting and seed drop.
- Pressure/Vacuum = the recommended setting when the plate/disks are full and at ground speed.
- MAXIMUM plate/disk RPM = Used to determine the MAXIMUM planter speed for your desired population.
- Seeding rate per acre / 1,000 / 1/1,000 of an acre = seeds per foot
- Maximum plate/disk RPM x cells per plate/disk = seeds per minute.
- Seeds per minute / seeds per foot x 60 = maximum feet traveled per hour
- Maximum feet traveled per hour / 5280 = Maximum MPH
- EXAMPLE: JD Vac using Pro Max 40 Plate
- 34,000 / 1,000 / 17.4167 (feet for 30″ rows) = 1.95 seeds per foot.
- 20 rpm / 40 (JD Pro 40 seed plate) = 800 seeds per minute
- 800 / 1.95 x 60 = 24,615 maximum feet traveled per hour
- 24,615 / 5280 = 4.7 MPH maximum!!
- Singulator setting = this particular meter has an adjustable singulator
- Seed drop = factor of total planter drop (Take your population x this factor equals potential planting population)